The dust has settled, the lights have dimmed, and I have finally found myself with some downtime. I'm currently staring down the barrel of some recording time and some very, VERY exciting things on the horizon. It'll take some time before these things make their way to public release, but just know that things are moving forward. So to all the people that we've met across this country, WE ARE COMING BACK! But for right now, let's sit back and listen to some music...
We're gonna take this time to dig into our souls and celebrate this pseudo-modern motown movement that's been prevalent in the last 10 or so years. The re-introduction of horns, background "doo-wops", swing beats and suits, has resulted in some of my favorite music. It's great to hear these motifs return and we've even begun experimenting a little bit with them to see if there is a stone we can turn. So let's get into it!
Scene: Soul Man
1. Jamie N Commons Rumble and Sway
2. Janelle Monae - Tightrope
3. Raphael Saadiq - Stone Rollin'
4. Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings - Nobody's Baby
5. Amy Winehouse - Tears Dry On Their Own
6. The Avalanches - Because I'm Me
7. Duffy - Mercy
8. Kanye West - Touch the Sky